The SNHPC Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) was established to advise the SNHPC Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and staff on the transportation issues and projects of concern to the municipalities and agencies represented on the MPO Policy Board. The primary responsibilities of the TAC are to:
- Provide input for the development of the annual Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP), Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) and Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
- Provide the MPO staff with information concerning transportation and other development projects being proposed.
- Provide information on projects that have regional significance as they relate to the RTP.
- Provide technical review of plans developed by the MPO staff, and make recommendations to the MPO Policy Board regarding the adoption and/or revision of RTP elements.
- Provide the MPO staff with a list of desired projects for inclusion in the TIP in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that public notices of regional meetings on transportation issues are disseminated in their respective agencies and communities.
The TAC is comprised principally of technical-level personnel and volunteers from the SNHPC member communities. Regional Planning Commissions and MPOs surrounding the SNHPC region are also included in the TAC in a non-voting capacity. The towns of Allenstown, Bow and Pembroke in the Central NH Regional Planning Commission (CNHRPC) region were admitted to the MPO Policy Board in 2015 and as a result, they are also voting members of the TAC through CNHRPC.