December 14, 2021 - 5:00 PM, Register at https://bit.ly/3Ckii5Y
This free event is sponsored by SNHPC thanks to funding from AARP.
This workshop will identify key information about the process, laws, risks, and benefits of owning an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU). Homeowners will learn about the laws, risks, and benefits of owning an ADU and see examples of how to redistribute the space within your property to create an accessory dwelling unit.
- Examples of existing ADUs in New England
- A review of common zoning allowances and barriers to building an ADU
- Design and construction challenges (presented by Russ Collins of Home Innovations Corporation)
- Financing construction/conversion (presented by Ryan Tufts of HarborOne Mortgage)
- Renting out your home (presented by Paul McLaughlin of HomeTeamNH)
- A review of recent legislation introduced to address aging in place and housing shortages.
A recording of the workshop, along with presentations, literature, and reference materials used during the workshop will be published on the Southern New Hampshire Planning Commission's "ADU" webpage shortly after the event.
Please contact SNHPC Project Manager James Vayo (firstname.lastname@example.org, 669-4664) for more information.